Apricot Chutney can add zest to most meals, and in Pakistan, you will usually find a selection of different kinds served in tiny bowls for people to choose from dried apricots are readily available from supermarkets or health food shops.
- Make about 450g/1lb
- Dried apricots finely chopped 3 cups
- Garam Masala 1tsp
- 275g/10oz/11/4 Cups soft light brown sugar
- 450ml/16fl oz /scant 2 cups malt vinegar
- 5ml/1tsp ginger pulp
- 5ml/1tsp salt
- 75g/3oz/½Cups sultanas
- 450ml/16fl oz /scant 2 cup water
1. put all of the ingredients into a medium saucepan and mix them together thoroughly.
2. Bring the mixture to the boil then turn down the heat and simmer for about 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally as it cooks.
3. when the chutney has thickened to a fairly stiff consistency, transfer it to 2-3 clean jam jars and leave to cool thoroughly. this chutney should be covered tightly with a lid and stored in the fridge.
549 total views, 3 views today